North American Office/Distribution Facility
Houston, TX 77038
52,000 sq ft (12,000 Office/40,000 Warehouse)
- Bertling Logistics specializes in global project logistics. The company packages and ships products worldwide for their customers via truck, rail, barge, ship, and air.
- The company’s existing office space would not accommodate current staff, their existing truck well lacked the space required, and they needed more land for a larger laydown yard.
- KDW added 4,000 sq ft of office space, six additional dock doors, and added 9” heavy duty paving yard. Additionally, KDW designed and built the facility to accent Bertling’s ships. The front of the warehouse is shaped like the bow of a ship. A reveal and paint line provide the appearance of the ocean.
- Pre-engineered metal building structure.
- Due to sandy soil, the building rests on large spread footings.
- Selective clearing was used to save approximately 40 trees along the street, in addition to the green space that was maintained in the future building area. These existing trees were used to reduce the amount of new trees required by the City of Houston.