Ditch Witch of Houston
Office and Maintenance Shop
14565 North Fwy
Houston, TX 77090
16,320 sq ft
- Ditch Witch’s new Houston facility required the ability to lift heavy machinery in the Shop Area. The owner wanted an open lobby, with a modern feel, to display Ditch Witch equipment. The exterior landscaping needed to incorporate equipment pad displays to interstate traffic and people interested in viewing equipment. The owner also needed an area to demonstrate their equipment and tools for clients.
- The new state-of-the-art facility includes a Sales/Showroom, Office, and Maintenance Area.
- The exterior of the building was designed using glass, steel, and stone which gives the facility a modern look. These materials and colors were implemented throughout the building to highlight the design.
- The open concept allows the Showroom to be incorporated with the bustling Parts and Service Department.
- Regional Detention was used for this site, which allowed Ditch Witch to have some additional space and preserve more of the natural features of the property.
- KDW designed/built the facility using four (4) separate PEMB buildings constructed together.
- The suspended architectural cloud was designed to float above the receptionist’s desk to welcome clients into the facility.
- A 5-ton overhead crane was installed in the shop area to provide the capability for heavy-lifting of machinery.