Goya Foods Distribution Center
139,640 sq ft
- Goya Foods was looking for an innovative commercial construction company to build a large distribution facility in Texas. Goya Foods needed a highly efficient building and layout to entertain customers and clients, have on-site foods testing and prep areas, and a thoughtful design of production and shipping areas that allowed the shipping managers to oversee the loading dock area. This was KDW’s first of several projects for Goya Foods.
- The structure consists of a 16,800 sq ft two-story office attached to a 122,840 sq ft warehouse.
- All exterior walls are concrete tilt tilt-wall panels with wall-listed in the warehouse.
- The two-story office was designed and built to allow the Shipping Department to oversee the loading dock.
- KDW designed and built Goya Foods Distribution Facility with clean, low emissions materials and T-5 lighting arranged in a modern, forward thinking way.
- A state-of-the-art outdoor test kitchen was designed and built by KDW to allow Goya to prepare and test sample products on-site.
- The detention and mitigation ponds designed to contain 20.24 acre feet gravity drainage.