Goya Foods North American Processing Center
Bean Cannery/Corporate Office/Processing & Distribution Centers/Waste Water Treatment Plant
365 Conroe Park West
Conroe, TX 77303
380,000 sq ft
Phase I Overview
- KDW was hired to relocate and upgrade existing distribution facility with a larger distribution center accompanied by a cannery of equal size. The new 160,000 sq ft distribution center is now adjoined to a 160,000 sq ft production floor, both also having their own corporate office, suites, and staff.
- In addition to the building itself, KDW is the design/builder for the supporting infrastructure including storm drainage system, road improvements, a waste water treatment plant, rail spur, and rail dock. The facility includes several “satellite” buildings to house sophisticated water pumps, boiler tanks, outdoor processing, refrigeration equipment, and hydrostatic cooking tower.
- Goya food’s new Production facility is strategically located in the South Central US to drive Goya’s growth in the US and Mexico markets. The location in Brookshire provides access to rail spur, the Port of Houston, and abundant ground water.
- The new facility and specialized equipment allow the company the capability of processing 1,000 cans of beans per minute, and has twenty-two (22) truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.
- Energy efficient lighting, natural lighting, and daylight harvesting implemented in design.
- The design of the outdoor kitchen is a distinguished feature and area on campus. The modern feel, relaxed atmosphere, and stunning architectural landscape make this space perfect for employee gatherings, community events, and Goya’s client base.
Phase II Expansion Overview
- The site was selected with future expansion of distribution, production, and future product lines in mind.
- Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States, is expanding its North American Processing Center in Brookshire by adding 324,000 square feet of production warehouse, distribution warehouse, production office and auxiliary buildings.
- The expansion almost doubles Goya’s existing 380,000-square-foot facility where the company produces more than 2,500 high-quality, affordable food products.
- The current Brookshire facility, also built by KDW, opened in 2014 where ultra-modern processing equipment, hydrostatic bean cooker and cannery operations are capable of producing more than 1,000 cans per minute.
- The expanded facility, with an expected completion in 2018, will feature 21 new truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.