Goya Foods North American Processing Center
Bean Cannery/Corporate Office/Processing & Distribution Centers/Waste Water Treatment Plant
365 Conroe Park West
Conroe, TX 77303
380,000 sq ft
- KDW was hired to relocate and upgrade existing distribution facility with a larger distribution center accompanied by a cannery of equal size. The new 160,000 sq ft distribution center is now adjoined to a 160,000 sq ft production floor, both also having their own corporate office, suites, and staff.
- In addition to the building itself, KDW is the design/builder for the supporting infrastructure including storm drainage system, road improvements, a waste water treatment plant, rail spur, and rail dock. The facility includes several “satellite” buildings to house sophisticated water pumps, boiler tanks, outdoor processing, refrigeration equipment, and hydrostatic cooking tower.
- Goya food’s new Production facility is strategically located in the South Central US to drive Goya’s growth in the US and Mexico markets. The location in Brookshire provides access to rail spur, the Port of Houston, and abundant ground water.
- The new facility and specialized equipment allow the company the capability of processing 1,000 cans of beans per minute, and has twenty-two (22) truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.
- Energy efficient lighting, natural lighting, and daylight harvesting implemented in design.
- The design of the outdoor kitchen is a distinguished feature and area on campus. The modern feel, relaxed atmosphere, and stunning architectural landscape make this space perfect for employee gatherings, community events, and Goya’s client base.
- The site was selected with future expansion of distribution, production, and future product lines in mind.